At Elenrose Recruitment we are more than happy to help our candidates in taking the next step in their career, and find that perfect job
If you would like some expert career advice, get in touch with us and we will be happy to help. Meanwhile we are happy to share some of our favourite hints and tips, to get you started.
Are you ready to take the next step?
Most of us have considered changing career or looking for a new job from time to time and more often than not, we don’t do anything about it. If you are ready for a new opportunity, then it is worthwhile taking the time to plan your next move with care:
- Take a focused approach – don’t rush into anything and make sure that you spend plenty of time deciding where you want to go, and what you want to do next.
- Think about the sort of company or organisation that you would like to work for. Having a clear idea of your ideal employer will help you to target job applications at exactly the right workplace for you.
- Consider training or additional qualifications. Would taking a course or a programme of professional development help you to take that next step in your career? There are lots of educational opportunities available. Take a look online and see if there is an appropriate course for you.
- Spend time on your CV (see the tips below) before you embark on your job search.
- Consider registering with a good recruitment agency, like Elenrose Recruitment. We can help to reduce the anxiety involved in looking for a new job because we know exactly what we are doing. We are experts in supporting people to find their dream job, so we could help you too!
CVs and covering letters
Your CV and your covering letter are what sell you to a future employer. At Elenrose Recruitment we understand how vitally important it is to make your CV impactful and appealing to recruiters:
- Spend time on presentation – ensure that your CV is neat, attractive and appealing. Don’t overdesign it or use quirky fonts. Just ensure that it is easy-to-read and easy- on-the-eye.
- Make sure that your covering letter and CV are written in good English with no spelling mistakes. A candidate with a poorly-written CV rarely makes it to interview.
- Highlight your achievements. Rather than listing the places you have worked, try thinking about how you have made an impact.
Instead of saying ‘I worked at Joe Blogs Bank’ you could say ‘Whilst working at Joe Blogs Bank I successfully managed a number of large projects’.
- Always write an alternative cover letter for every job you apply for. An effective cover letter should be written to identify why you are the best candidate for the advertised role. If you have the opportunity, it is a good idea to redraft your CV as well – so it is focused on the job for which you are applying.
If you need assistance with your CV or covering letter, please get in touch and we will be happy to help.
Many people are scared at the prospect of a job interview. What will I be asked? How long will it take? Will they try and catch me out? At Elenrose we have extensive experience of helping candidates prepare successfully for interview. Here are our top tips:
- Make sure you are well prepared. Scope out the location of the interview beforehand and leave plenty of time to get there.
- Make sure you have had a good night’s sleep, and had some breakfast – this will help you feel and perform better.
- Make sure you have researched the company beforehand. This will help you to answer questions like: ‘Why do you want to work here?’
- Prepare some questions to ask at the end of the interview. Employers always appreciate it when people have prepared questions, and are engaged in the interview process.
- Be yourself. It is a good idea to sell yourself but be honest and straightforward.
- Try to relax! We know that it is sometimes easier said than done, but try to relax and just do your best.
At Elenrose Recruitment our philosophy is Love Work, Love Life, so if you are in need of advice or support to take the next step in your career, we are here to help.